Yield: 4 servings
Preparation is moderate
Preparation time is 20 minutes
- 1 3-pound pike, de-boned (1.5 kilos)
- 6 cooked artichoke bottoms, diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced (175 grams)
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay (70 millilitres)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 millilitres)
- 1 tablespoon butter (15 millilitres)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (40 millilitres)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 millilitres)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the pike into 3 to 4-inch length strips and dust them with seasoned flour. Melt the butter and oil in a cast iron pan over a medium-high heat and sauté the pike until golden brown. Remove the pike from the pan and keep it warm.
- Using the same pan, sauté the artichoke bottoms, which have been previously cooked and diced. In a little more olive oil and butter, add a few mushrooms of choice, black olives, a splash of white wine, handful of chopped parsley, squeeze of lemon juice, and fresh diced tomatoes. This makes a delicious ragoût base for the pike. Toss the pike back into the mixture and turn on to a serving plate.