Preparation is easy
Preparation time is 2 ½ hours
- 3 large navel oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water (250 millilitres)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium size pot, combine the sugar and water and bring the mixture to a simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the orange slices in a large non-reactive bowl and pour the hot syrup on them. Let them sit for 10 minutes then pour off any excess syrup and place the orange slices on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the oven for 2 hours or until crisp.